Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hello and Welcome!

Hello! With the launch of the Word Painters blog, I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself! My name is Alicia A. Willis. 


Giving you a glimpse of my different guises..... ;)


Rising to the Challenge (Coming 2014)

I am a historical-fiction author. My trilogy, The Comrades of Honor Series, is set in the Middle Ages (obviously) and centers around the escapades of English noblemen, particularly knights and squires (although there are many other ranks included!) Each tale is packed with adventure, perils, a sprinkling of clean romance, and twists and turns that will keep you guessing! Lord willing, the third installment, Rising to the Challenge, releases in 2014.

To sum it all up, The Comrades of Honor Series are tales of Christian historical-fiction, portraying courage and heroism in the Middle Ages.


I've also published a novella to Kindle. God of Her Fathers is a historical-fiction western, detailing the struggles and adventures of a young widow on the Kansas Plains. She is torn about accepting the assistance of a dashing young man. Is he Tyler Nichols, as he claims? Or is he Dan Crudwell, outlaw of Kansas City? 

Praise God, this novella was in the top 100 on Kindle during the month of August after it received roughly 130 downloads.

Now that you know what I write, allow me to share the other juicy details about me. ;) 

  • I love dogs, chocolate, coffee, spicy New Mexican food, and music. 
  • I am a church pianist, choir member, vocalist, and piano teacher. 
  • I am a historian, focusing mostly on the Middle Ages and the Roman Era. 
  • My dream is to tour Europe someday.
  • I love the South-East area, particularly Missouri, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Southern food is awesome, sweet tea is good (but it will never replace coffee), and I love the atmosphere of the Bible Belt.
  • And, last but not least, I am a Independent Baptist and am getting my three year diploma/degree in Biblical history and theology through Faith Bible Institute.

To be honest, I have to say this. (I may make some enemies, but that is a risk I have to take.) Are you ready? *Exhale slowly*

 Folgers is not coffee. White chocolate is not chocolate. And green or red is an important question. (Long live GREEN chile!)

So thanks for allowing me to introduce myself. Why don't yah leave a comment and let me know who you are?!

7 comments:

  1. Nice post, Alicia. Congratulations to you that your book, "God of Her Fathers" was in the top one hundred! How exciting.

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! God gets the glory. :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, you're so funny, Alicia. :-) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to tour Europe TOO!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I happen to love who you are sweet lady! Keep being you! God Bless! Great post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was great and all, but wait, Folgers isn't coffee???? Haha - jk- you are the one who taught me that! Thank you for the education. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are also a treasure! A rare one in fact. I hope that one day you can get to Europe. Maybe you can join me when I go on my tour to all the places that Paul visited. :)
    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for contacting us!