Monday, October 28, 2013

~ Just a note to say hello ~

Hello there,

This is my first post on Word Painters, so I should start off by introducing myself. I'm Caitlin, the third child in my family and the aunt of eight energetic blessings. I'm a writer, classical music player, and stay-at-home daughter living in a quaint little town between London and Cambridge.


Though I'm an incurable tea-drinker, am entrenched in English spelling, have grown somewhat accustomed to the weather, and can sport the accent, I'm only a quarter British. I grew up in sun-soaked South Africa and embarked on an amazing adventure some years ago to be here today. But that's a story for another time. :)

Why Writing?

From a young age, reading and creative writing thrilled me. I knew I would write a book someday . . . and now, several years later, I thank the Lord for His grace and for opening the doors for me to write four! The first two were published last year by Vision Forum, with the next ones soon to follow.

Baker Family Adventures

The stories in the Baker Family Adventure series are about an American, Christian,
home-schooling family who find themselves in all sorts of dangerous situations as they seek to obey the Lord. (In the second book, the family visits a stately hall in England very similar to one near us. Hmm. Coincidence? ;) ) 



I very much doubt that scribbling novels will stay on hold for long, but a passion for Christian film-making has inspired me to learn screenwriting. To my delight, many of the techniques used in film are brilliant for all formats of story-telling. I hope to be sharing a few of them, as well as thoughts from the path of writing endeavours (yes, endeavour with a 'u'!), in future posts.

Until then I remain,

Sincerely,

C.R. Hedgcock

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the introduction, Ms. Hedgcock. My family has your book, "Peril On Providence Island." I haven't read it yet, but I hope to get to it sometime.

    Lovely post!

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you, Caitlin! I'm looking forward to reading your insights on the crossovers between screenwriting and book-writing. I, too, took a detour into studying screenwriting where I found a lot of fabulous, widely-applicable advice and tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and welcome! :) I will have to check out your books and let my children read them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Word-Painters, Caitlin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the warm welcomes! It's great to join the team. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for contacting us!