It seems like authors have been stereotyped (apologies to those who handwrite their drafts... make that stereowritten). If you're feeling ornery about that, here are some tips to help...
- Don't be a self-proclaimed coffee addict. (Come on, water fans!!)
- Write something in a genre no one else is.
- Write a happy story.
- Try to avoid words like "dreamer" and "scribbling" in your bio. (Everybody uses those!)
- Admit that washing dishes is part of your life.
- Make sure your Twitter feed is about more than book sales.
- Know the buzzwords used in your genre... and avoid them like the plague!
- Have a narrow definition of "epic." (See #7)
- Give away lots and lots of free stuff.
- Don't be a night-owl.
And on that note, I'm headed to bed!