Wednesday, February 26, 2014

It's Here!

Remembering the Alamo is here!
Dedicated to Silas Edward Blodgett and Pastor Daniel Clement.

Purchase HERE!

Don't have a Kindle? Not a problem! Download the FREE Kindle app for your PC, MAC, tablet, phone, or ipad now and start reading Remembering the Alamo in seconds!

Get your copy today! And, if you don't mind, how about leaving a review when you're finished? You'll be my hero if you do! :)



When Pastor Mark Siegler takes his youth group on a midsummer vacation to San Antonio, he anticipates teaching them about honor and sacrifice at the Alamo. But arrival at the historic landmark brings cutting disillusionment. A troubled teen is determined to make things difficult - and spread his embitterment to the rest of the group. 

Mark has two choices: give up or try again. Midst his own discouragement, he decides to give them the story behind the legendary Alamo. And his perseverance results in the unforgettable.

The sweeping events of the Alamo comes to life through the eyes of an 1800's wheelwright named Silas Edwards. As his tale unfolds, his decision becomes a difficult one. Is defending the Alamo so important? Or are the principles behind opposing General Santa Anna worth sacrificing everything for?

Join Private Silas Edwards, David Crockett, Jim Bowie, and Mark's youth group to discover the gripping events behind America's battlecry: "Remember the Alamo!"


Fun Facts:

  • Alamo defender Silas Edwards was based off of my adopted cousin Silas Edward Blodgett! Yep, he's the guy on the cover.
  • The real Silas is into trucks and loves all things Toyota. So what better name to give Silas Edwards's horse than Toya?
  • While Silas Blodgett was always going to be in my novella, I didn't originally intend to write about the Alamo. I originally started a 21st century, first-person tale about a girl named Emily. She meets a coffee barrista named Silas who strengthens her in her spiritual walk. It didn't take long before I realized the story wasn't my style and didn't really suit Silas's personality. I rethought everything out and decided to do something that fit Silas better. I recalled the Come and Take It flag and Alamo mug he owns. Remembering the Alamo was born!
  • The real Silas works at Discount Tire. What better occupation to give the fictional Silas than a 1800's wheelwright?
  • You know the advice for writers to only write what they know? Not true in my case! I've been to San Antonio twice. The Alamo, Menger Hotel, Riverwalk, Sea World, and Tower of the Americas are all places I've been to more than once. And I love them!
  • The real Silas's motto is to defend the weak. Incidentally, that Bible verse has always been a favorite of mine too. I marked it in my Bible when I was around 12 or 13 and have always loved it!
  • The real Silas is a good shot. (That made it helpful for making the Alamo defender Silas real-to-life!)
  • This is my first novel with 21st century characters and elements! I had so much fun with the Lighthouse Baptist Church Youth Group. 
  • I had to contact the Comanche Nation and Davy Crockett groups to get info for the book. I also got to hold a real Jim Bowie knife!

Get your copy today! I am so excited to share Remembering the Alamo with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting us!