Monday, February 24, 2014

One of those days (or months)


Being a writer can be so discouraging. You miss deadlines, you fall behind in your work, you can't find the information you want, or the word you need. There are times you just want to throw in the towel and quit, but you know you can't. Writing isn't something that you just do; it is a part of who you are.

This month has been challenging for me as a writer. I have been struggling with allergies off and on this entire month. Allergies make it very hard for me to do just about anything. Right now, as I write this, I am discouraged about posts that need to be written, emails that need to be answered, and editing that I am woefully behind on.

Sometimes, as a writer, you have to push through the bad days and a crazy schedule to get your projects done. There are other times when it simply isn't possible. You have to accept the fact that even though you are an amazing writer, you are not a super hero. You can sick, things happen, plans are made, and your writing gets the short end of the stick.

You, like me, may be looking at a computer screen and be on the verge of tears at the overwhelming amount you have to get done. You might be so behind, you don’t know how you will ever catch up.  Let’s take a deep breath together and remind ourselves of a few things.

You have been behind before and caught up.

Things will get done. That post will get written, the book will be edited. Make sure you give yourself some down time every day. Often a break will help spur on creativity.

If you are writing for the glory of God, don’t worry; your project is in his hands and will get done in his timing.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34 NIV

My intentions are not always yours, and I do not go about things as you do.

Eternal One: My thoughts and My ways are above and beyond you, just as heaven is far from your reach here on earth. Isaiah 55:8-9 The Voice

8 comments:

  1. You'll get through it all, Sarah! We all have those days - I have had a couple of humdingers! But you're right - everything will happen in His timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia, I am so sorry to hear that! I will be praying for you.

      Delete
  2. Such an inspirational post, Sarah! I really needed this right now; thanks so much!

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just what I needed! Thankyou! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed it, too! *Hug* : ) You give great advice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for contacting us!