Monday, March 3, 2014

Entertainment for Writers

You are ready to spend some time watching a movie or reading a book, after all, you have been writing and editing all day. However, you still want to be inspired while you are enjoying yourself. Why not pick up a tale about a writer? Here are a few of my favorites.

Books

A January Bride (A Year of Weddings, #2)
A fluffy book with with some romance, but a short relaxing read. You can read my review here.

Love Among the Chickens
This a humorous tale about a writer that gets involved with a chicken farm. You can read my review here.

Just Jane (Ladies of History, #2)
Need a break from books filled with romance? Just Jane is perfect. The message in this book was wonderful. Besides, it is a well researched fictional account of the life of Jane Austen. Read my review here.

Little Women: Little Women Series, Book 1
Little Women is a classic story and wonderful, wholesome one at that. Joe's struggles as a writer ones that many of us will face.



Movies
Very clean, family movie about a girl who asks help from a writer who writers adventure books. The writer is afraid of very everything even though she writes about a brave hero.
Modesty warning: the girl does wear shorts and the writer wears a tank top for part of the film

This movie is sad ans sweet at the same time. There is romance in this one and Miss Potter does not have the best of relationships with her parents. However, I enjoyed this film's creativity and the bitter-sweetness of the romance.

Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea
Anne of Green Gables (1985) Poster Anne of Avonlea (1987) Poster
Anne is a very flawed heroine, but lovable. She is an aspiring writer, who wants to leave her readers in tears. These are very funny movies.

4 comments:

  1. I have not heard of most of these. :) Looks like I'll have to check into them why I, ahem, give myself the time to relax. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of them I have discovered in the last year or so.

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure why it hasn't really occurred to me before, but delving into stories about writers sounds like a great idea :D Thank you, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for contacting us!