Monday, April 7, 2014

A Writers Bookshelf: 5 Helpful Resources


1. Dictionary
Yes, I know we have the internet.  But I often keep the 1828 Dictionary close by, especially when writing historical fiction.

2. Thesaurus
The Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
Often I just look a word up on the web, but again, I like having a physical book nearby.

3. A Baby Name Book
Best Baby Name Book In The Whole World
I use one all the time when trying to find names for characters

4. Atlas
Essential Atlas Of The World (World Atlas)
If you are writing anything set in our world, it is helpful to be able to see the features of the land or nearby cities.

5. Bible Dictionary
Smith's Bible Dictionary
I have used my bible dictionary to look up all sorts of things. Very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting us!