Monday, June 2, 2014

Free Programs for Writers: Focus Writer


As authors, we are always looking for ways to be more productive with our time. Sometimes, we get mad at ourselves by getting distracted by Twitter, Facebook, or fiddling with our playlist. Don't you wish there was a program that cut down on distractions? Well, there is! Wanna know something else awesome? It is free!

Welcome to Focus Writer!

I know it looks pretty drab to start with but you can dress it up a bit with a photo. Like I did.



When you are in Focus Writer, you cannot minimize it. You have to quit in order to look at another tab. No longer will you be tempted to take a 'quick peek' and Facebook and remember your book or post an hour or so later. You can also set word count goals and keep track of your statistics. Wanna know something else cool?


You can have it make typewriter sounds! How awesome is that!

I five this program five stars!
 





6 comments:

  1. Sarah, where can I find this program? This would be such a HUGE help for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren,

      Forgive me for not including the link! I downloaded it here http://focuswriter.en.softonic.com/

      Sarah

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sarah! I'm in love! The typewriter sounds are great!

      Delete
    3. I am so happy I could help. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is really cool, Sarah! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to look into this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for contacting us!