Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Bit of This and That...

What does this post have to do with writing? Well, I'm sure I can tie writing in somehow. It's mainly an update. :)

First, I'm back. I was gone for a week at Apache Creek Deaf and Youth Ranch, serving as a counselor. (You may have noticed that John Horn and I switched weeks so there would be someone here to post.) To see all the pics and get the whole story, head over to my BLOG. I got some fun photos!



Secondly, pre-ordering opened for From the Dark to the Dawn: A Tale of Ancient Rome!

Here are the details if you want to obtain a copy for yourself or another reader!
  • Historical-Fiction
  • 13+ for persecution
  • $19.99 for signed, first-edition copy (ebook available on the 18th)
  • 450 pages
  • Glossary 

Message, email me, leave a comment, etc. if you want a copy!

You can head over to Goodreads to read the synopsis or add the book to your shelves. And you can watch the trailer HERE

You've seen my endorsements, so here is what every day readers are saying!



"The story is compelling and passionate, while the characters are memorable, making this story resound even for this present age. In Rome's darkest times shone a growing light. It was a light of the coming dawn." 
- Joshua Hoppman, reader.

"You can't go wrong with this gem of a book." - Michael Camp, reader.

"The characters in this narrative are life-like and face real life problems and decisions. They are human, they make mistakes, yet God's grace is always sufficient... This book also paints an accurate picture of early Christianity, and the struggles that early Christians faced. Many principles are applicable to the present day, as even our culture is becoming more and more self-centered and hostile to Christianity. I highly recommend this book." - Samuel Jones, reader.


(Yes, all guys. Don't worry - it is for ladies too! Some how it just happened that my beta readers were guys.)

And... Happy 4th of July!


I am so proud to be an American. Our nation was built on the Bible, on God, on faith. Let us never forget that. At the same time, let us never stop praying for revival. Our country has forgotten her heritage. Let us join together in praying that the hearts of our leaders and the people will be turned to Him.


I felt led to also mention Israel. God's chosen  people are under constant attack. I think specifically of Eyal, Gilad, and Naftali, the three teenage boys who were kidnapped and murdered simply because they were Jews. Pray for their families and for the nation of Israel.

And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
-Genesis 12:2-3

How is your writing? How has your week been? Any plans for the 4th?


Alicia A. Willis is a home-school graduate, published author, and avid historian. She is a firm believer in the principle that one can accomplish anything by substantial amounts of prayer and coffee. Visit her at her blog or Facebook to view her historical-fiction novels and all the goings-on between writing!




2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time at the camp! I hope you had a lovely 4th of July celebration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for contacting us!