Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Oxford Comma

Sorry, I forgot to post yesterday! We're in the midst of VBS at my church and life is hectic!

The Oxford Comma.

YES. I use it. You want to know why?


Yes. Precisely! I go crazy when I see sentences without the Oxford Comma. Sentence flow seems so distorted without it.

Do you use it? Why or why not?

Alicia A. Willis is a home-school graduate, published author, and avid historian. She is a firm believer in the principle that one can accomplish anything by substantial amounts of prayer and coffee. Visit her at her blog or Facebook to view her historical-fiction novels and all the goings-on between writing!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! I have always been confused as to whether or not use the Oxford comma, so I really appreciate the example. :)

    P.S. I discovered your books a short while ago, and enjoyed "God of Her Fathers". Now I am looking forward to reading The Comrades of Honor Series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was helpful!

      Oh, really? How fun! Lord willing, the third installment in The Comrades of Honor Series releases early next year. I'm so glad you enjoyed my novella!

      Delete
  2. I use the Oxford Comma - not using it can change the meaning of a sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I like this reasoning! I always use the Oxford comma because it's more traditional and looks better to me. Clarity is a good point, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I use it for the same reason as you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. We can still be friends... ;) Just kidding! :)

      Delete

Thank you for contacting us!