Friday, August 1, 2014

What Does Your Writing Space Look Like?

As a mother of three and with no designated writing space (my laptop usual landing spot is the dining room table with brief forays into the living room), almost everything writing related is on my computer and digital.

However, now that we are adding on to the house, some space I can claim as my own is a possibility. Amid dreams of having my own desk again, my husband is skeptical I will use it the way I say I will. Regardless, I am plotting and planning on a small spot of simplicity and quiet a bit removed from milk cups, food, and mayhem. After years of writing smack dab in the midst of the chaos of three children six years old and younger, any distance will be a blessing to my writing.

So, this is what I am dreaming of:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OY7LWC/
With a few of these
http://www.amazon.com/Household-Essentials-Jumbo-Storage-Decorative/dp/B007TKF9S2/
to keep things semi-organized on the shelves below along with the reference books on whatever topic is currently important in my research.

I don’t need much to be happy. Just quiet, time, and a spot to work without getting a crick in my neck.


However, as I ponder the arrangement I desire, I am wondering what other writers’ work spaces look like. I would be delighted if you shared yours. A photo, drawing, or simple description would lovely. 

Please share.


Rachel Rossano balances her time between the chaos of raising and homeschooling her three children and the world of drama and high adventure in her head. With her faithful husband and chief consulting editor by her side, she dreams of many more adventures to come. 


She also designs book covers. For examples of her work, visit her design page at RossanoDesigns.weebly.com or Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RossanoDesigns.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Sounds delightful! My writing spot is on my bed, in the car, or it has even been to known to be on a cold church foyer floor. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the portability of my laptop. :) Do you prefer laptop or notebooks?

      Delete
  2. Special spots to write are cool ... I hope you get yours! I do best writing on my desk, which is large and flat but bordered on three sides by stacks of books. It's in the corner of two blue room dividers which also act as bulletin boards, so I pin my favorite pictures and artwork on them. It makes it colorful and inspirational. The whole thing looks pretty messy, but somehow I don't mind it. I do appreciate having a laptop to turn any space into a writing space!
    Wow, Alicia ... I've never written on the floor before ... did you produce some good writing down there? : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, actually. You enjoyed "Remembering the Alamo", I believe. ;)

      Delete
    2. Your work space sounds great, Kelsey. :) I love the favorite pictures idea. :)

      Delete

Thank you for contacting us!