Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Back to Writing

Greetings all, John J. Horn here.

I'm excited because I can finally get back to writing novels.

For the past year and a half I've been concentrating on getting my degree. With that finally out of my way I can devote my "spare time" energies towards writing.

To that end I've started reading my books again so that I can make note of all the details (that character really had a beard?), rediscover the subplots, and get back into my characters' world.

The funny thing is, it's been a long time since I've read my books.

If you're an author reading this, do you ever go back and read your books? Do you cringe? Laugh? Wonder if you could meet the author and then remember it's you?

I'd love to hear what you do. :)

John J. Horn is a Christian author from San Antonio, Texas. Learn more about John and his Men of Grit series and sign up for his newsletter at johnjhornbooks.com.

3 comments:

  1. Cringe is more like it... ;) I'm so glad you're getting back into writing! I'm looking forward to reading your next book.
    -Micaiah-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited to read your next book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I've reread my books and sometimes think "Oh, brother, that sounds terrible, I should have said . . ." Or I think, "How in the world did I ever write that?"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for contacting us!