Saturday, July 18, 2015

[LINK] How to Write 10,000 Words a Day

Greetings all, John J. Horn here.

I came across this blog post and found it too interesting to not share.

How I Went from Writing 2,000 Words a Day to 10,000 Words a Day by Rachel Aaron.

Writing is a totally creative process, right? Sit down and let the juices flow? Doesn't have anything to do with (ugly word coming): data?

Not necessarily.

I track nearly every minute of my work day to the client/project I'm working on, so I can totally relate to the idea of analyzing the time you spend on a novel and optimizing your schedule/habits. I may very well track my time writing my next book to find areas that I can improve.

If you want an easy way to track your day without spending half your day tracking the other half, try Harvest.

John J. Horn is a Christian author from San Antonio, Texas. Learn more about John and his Men of Grit series and sign up for his newsletter at johnjhornbooks.com.

1 comment:

  1. Just be careful if you try it too suddenly. Your brain can really get tired! But it sure is fun to watch your numbers double or triple in the same amount of time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for contacting us!