Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Find the Etymology of Words for Historical Fiction

Greetings all, John J. Horn here.

I write historical fiction. That means I get to use some great words that aren't in fashion anymore. It also means that I sometimes want to use words that had not yet been invented.

I have found etymonline.com to be a super helpful resource to tell me the history of words, along with fascinating details about their origins and evolution.

Need to know the history of a word?

Check out etymonline.com.

John J. Horn is a Christian author from San Antonio, Texas. Learn more about John and his Men of Grit series and sign up for his newsletter at johnjhornbooks.com.

2 comments:

  1. That would come in handy. There have been times when a word just doesn't seem right, but it's hard to find out if it really fits or not. (Usually if it doesn't sound right, I take it out just in case.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good resource to have! Etymology is a lot of fun, even if it's not for research.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for contacting us!