Monday, May 16, 2016

The Making of a Man - A Review

Hey, y'all, I'm here to say hi and share a book review with you! Check it out!


The Making of a Man: A Short Story Anthology (Novels of Rhynan #2.5)The Making of a Man: A Short Story Anthology by Rachel Rossano
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

13+ for some mature elements.

I really enjoyed this collection of stories about some of Rachel Rossano's secondary characters. Delving into the world of Reginald was particularly fun. Isabeth's Redemption was a close second in my estimation of favorites.

The book had a great medieval feel and most of it was pretty historically accurate. I love all things medieval, so this book was a very fun read. I know it's not historical-fiction (I believe it is meant to be historical-fantasy), but modern words such as "okay" did throw me a couple of times. I *really* wish Rossano could be persuaded to write a full-fledged historical-fiction novel!

If you have enjoyed Rachel's books, be sure to pick this one up and get great insight into the minds and hearts of some of her popular secondary characters. The Earl of Dentin makes many appearances - enough said.

Recommended.

View all my reviews

Alicia A. Willis is a home-school graduate, published author, and avid historian. She is a firm believer in the principle that one can accomplish anything by substantial amounts of prayer and coffee. Visit her at her blog or Facebook to view her historical-fiction novels and all the goings-on between writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting us!